Friday, September 19, 2014

Wild-Eyed American

Wild-Eyed American”



(A song, lyrics by Frank Ellsworth Lockwood, tune as suggested by the lyrics.)

Verse 1
Yip yip yipee yip yip.
I'm a Wild-eyed American, I ride the bulls all day.
I believe the Truth, and the rest be damned
I'm a wild eyed American, and I wasn't born yesterday.
I'm a wild-eyed American.

Chorus 1:
Take me to the White House;
Place me on the lawn.
Bow me down to the reindeer sleigh
When Christmas cheer is on,
'Cause I'm a wild-eyed American.

Verse 2
I'm still a wild-eyed American
Read my lips, and look into my eyes:
No public schools, no welfare checks,
No taxes for the wise.

This is how it’s done
So join in on the fun, ‘cause we'll
Just saddle up and trickle down,
And watch our boats all rise.

Chorus 2

(Yip Yip Yip)
'Cause I'm a wild-eyed American:
Let's all go for a ride.
(A wild ride.)
Let's all go for a ride


Verse 3
I'm a wild-eyed American:
(Yip yip yip)
I thought I made it clear,
(As clear as Rainier Beer)
That I'm a wild-eyed American.
(All-American steer)

Verse 4
I'm a wild-eyed American:
No new roads, no warming trends,
No tree-hugging hippies.
No government funds no
No more twittering Yuppies.
'Cause I'm a wild-eyed American.
(Yes indeed)

Verse 5
I'm a wild-eyed American:
No refugees or border troubles
Just close your eyes, they'll go away
Along with ugly real-estate bubbles.
'Cause I'm a wild-eyed American.

Verse 6
Pull on your boots
And grab them spurs
We’ll crunch them granola bars
 I’ll make America Great again.
Cause I’m a wild eyed American.

[Author's Note: Parenthesis spoken, chanted or sung by alternate voice.]

Re-edited February 1, 2017

#wildeyedamerican #songs #poems #lockwood #makeamericagreatagain

No comments: